Technical Service Sales Engineer *Job now filled*
For over 30 years, Operational (UK) Limited have been providing energy, environmental and maintenance solutions for major process, production and manufacturing companies across a variety of industries, covering the United Kingdom and Ireland.
From our UK headquarters at Sci-Tech Daresbury, Cheshire, we utilise global insight and expertise gained by working within a range of industries, to provide our customers with a bespoke, engineered solution.
Our capital project team based within our headquarters in Daresbury, specialise in delivering “turnkey” process and equipment upgrades. Our ability to deliver the below, often enables Operational (UK) Limited to incorporate more than one solution, bringing the customer multiple benefits, within one project.
- Heat Recovery and Re-use.
- Instrumentation and Control Systems.
- PLC’s / SCADA Programmes.
- Dryer Optimisation & Balancing
- Air Balance Investigations within Drying Processes (inc. dryers & ovens).
- Thermal Oxidiser Systems.
- Wet Scrubbing and Bio Filtration Systems.
- Carbon Adsorption.
- Electric Static Precipitators.
- Process Air Handling and Duct Work Systems.
- Solvent Safety Systems (EN1539 ExSis – PLd approved LEL systems).
- Air Sampling.
- ATEX Zone Rating.
In addition to our capital project capabilities, Operational (UK) Limited also provide tailor-made preventative maintenance programmes, which are engineered around our customers’ needs and requirements, covering the following activities.
- Solvent Safety (LEL) System Calibration and Testing.
- LEV System Measurement and Testing.
- Central Duct Inspection and Servicing.
- Thermal Oxidiser Servicing. (RTO’s, After burners).
- Wet Scrubber and Bio Filtration System Servicing.
- Burner Inspection, Testing and Servicing.
- Stack Emissions Testing (MCERTS).
- Thermal Oil Sampling and Testing.
- Personal Exposure Monitoring and Testing.
Due to continued growth within the service division of Operational UK Limited, we are creating a new role of “Technical Service Sales Engineer” within our offices in Daresbury, Cheshire. The role of the Technical Service Sales Engineer will be of dual sales responsibility, split between account management and business development.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Technical Service Sales Engineers role and responsibilities will involve the following.
Role and Responsibilities
- Selling the companies services and spare parts offering, whilst maintaining margin to achieve or exceed yearly targets.
- Effective salesmanship maintaining a balance between reactive & proactive sales.
- Compile quotations and cost sheets.
- Sales forecasting and reporting.
- Evaluate and negotiate terms and conditions of sales and purchases plus payment and delivery terms.
- Liaise with sub-contractors, suppliers and internal engineers to develop intervention activities, that may arise from reactive and proactive enquiries.
- Carry out national site survey visits, covering the United Kingdom and Ireland. Site surveys are to cover both sales and operational activities.
- Maintaining good customer relationships through face to face contact and effective communication.
- Working to clear, timely objectives and goals.
- Ensure effective communication between the service team, to ensure that the respective activities are carried out in a timely, in scope and efficient manner.
- Provide clear work instructions/task delivery, for the service team.
- Advise on efficient scheduling of service activities.
- Coordinating / recording sales activity through the in-house company registers.
- Coordinating / recording operational activity through the in-house company registers.
- Suggest and develop new ideas and markets.
- Initiate agreed proactive campaigns, within target markets.
- Raise company profile in target markets through site meetings and proactive marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Handling customer complaints
Knowledge & Skills
- Mechanical, Electrical or HVAC education (degree, HND/HNC, apprenticeship, experience).
- Knowledge of HVAC components (dampers, actuators, sensors, etc) is essential.
- Knowledge of thermal oxidisers, LEL and LEV systems, is desirable.
- Knowledge of industrial burners, is desirable.
- Knowledge of PLC/HMI programmes, is desirable.
- Proven service-based sales background, is desirable.
- Proven technical sales background, is essential.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe (when required).
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Presentable appearance.
- Can do, positive attitude.
In return, Operational (UK) Limited offer a competitive salary, as well as the following:
- Competitive salary.
- 5 hours per week, additional hours are required.
- A career in a niche market, with future progression.
- Company vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 after 5 year’s continuous employment.
- Pension scheme.