Operational were consulted and requested to design and supply a system to recover heat from the high temperature exhaust and pre-heat the combustion air to the main pre-mix furnace burners.
Annealing of the wires took place at temperatures of between 900oC and 1100 oC and the exhaust gases passed to atmosphere at temperatures of up to 820o We utilised a fully welded air to air plate heat exchanger constructed in stainless steel and high temperature bifurcated fan system capable of recovering 70% of the available sensible heat. With continuous operation of 8400 h/year the return on investment was below 2 years.
- Ceramic Tile Kilns: Heat recovery
- Brick Kilns
- Gypsum Calcination Kilns
- Aluminium Smelting Furnaces
- Thermal Heat Recovery Systems for Bakery & Food Ovens
- Paper & Tissue
- Textile – non woven material
- Wallcoverings, Floor-coverings & Carpets
- Thermal Oxidisers
Have a question? Please fill in the form below.