The central duct system for an air pollution control or local extract ventilation system, acts as the common collection and transportation route.
This system handles gases, vapours, mists or dusts from processes (dryer, ovens, etc) or LEV extraction points and delivers it to the respective air pollution control system for treatment, prior to discharging to atmosphere. Central duct systems are normally designed and installed in compliance with the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR) and the Explosive Atmosphere Directive. However, ongoing inspection and servicing of central duct systems is often overlooked resulting in risk to employees and assets.
At Operational we have identified that annual central duct inspections and servicing is essential to ensure the central duct system is operating as designed and in compliance with the requirements of the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR) and the Explosive Atmosphere Directive.
In general, our Central Duct Inspection and Servicing will cover:
· Overall condition and integrity assessment of the central duct system.
· Internal condition assessment of the central duct system (where access allows).
· Condition assessment, functionality testing and calibration of explosive gas monitoring systems.
· Condition assessment of extract fans and associated flexible connections.
· Damper functionality testing and condition assessment.
· Actuator and limit switch functionality testing and condition assessment.
· Pressure relief panel condition assessment.
· Control system functionality testing (start/stop, alarm functions, bypass operation, etc).
Operational have been providing central duct inspection & servicing, process safety improvements, and engineered solutions to a wide range of industries throughout the United Kingdom and Europe. Our 30 years of experience within air pollution control and process safety, makes us your best choice for engineering excellence.
Get in touch about our energy and environmental process services today.
- Thermal Oxidiser Servicing
- Burner Inspections, Testing, and Servicing
- LEL Calibration and Testing
- Dryer and Oven Balancing
- Wet Scrubber System Servicing
- Carbon Adsorber Servicing
- Stack Emission Testing
- LEV Measurement and Testing
- Personal Exposure Monitoring
- Thermal Oil Sampling and Testing
Have a question? Please fill in the form below.