New vacancy: Project and Service Assistant – 2021
For over 30 years, Operational (UK) Limited have been providing energy, environmental and maintenance solutions for major process, production and manufacturing companies across a variety of industries, covering the United Kingdom and Ireland.
From our UK headquarters at Sci-Tech Daresbury, Cheshire, we utilise global insight and expertise gained by working within a range of industries, to provide our customers with a bespoke, engineered solution.
Our capital project team based within our headquarters in Daresbury, specialise in delivering “turnkey” process and equipment upgrades. Our ability to deliver the below, often enables Operational (UK) Limited to incorporate more than one solution, bringing the customer multiple benefits, within one project.
- Heat Recovery and Re-use.
- Instrumentation and Control Systems.
- PLC’s / SCADA Programmes.
- Dryer Optimisation & Balancing
- Air Balance Investigations within Drying Processes (inc. dryers & ovens).
- Thermal Oxidiser Systems.
- Wet Scrubbing and Bio Filtration Systems.
- Carbon Adsorption.
- Electric Static Precipitators.
- Process Air Handling and Duct Work Systems.
- Solvent Safety Systems (EN1539 ExSis – PLd approved LEL systems).
- Air Sampling.
- ATEX Zone Rating.
Supporting our capital project capabilities, Operational (UK) Limited also provide tailor-made preventative service and maintenance programmes, which are engineered around our customers’ needs and requirements, covering the following activities.
- Solvent Safety (LEL) System Calibration and Testing.
- LEV System Measurement and Testing.
- Central Duct Inspection and Servicing.
- Thermal Oxidiser Servicing. (RTO’s, After burners).
- Wet Scrubber and Bio Filtration System Servicing.
- Burner Inspection, Testing and Servicing.
- Stack Emissions Testing (MCERTS).
- Thermal Oil Sampling and Testing.
- Personal Exposure Monitoring and Testing.
Operational (UK) Limited are looking for a Project and Service Assistant to join our team, in Daresbury, Cheshire.
Role and Responsibilities
- Liaise with customers to ensure that planned service and maintenance activities are executed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that the service and maintenance planner is up to date and the respective Operational (UK) Limited engineers are aware of their forth coming duties.
- Ensure that the company’s internal key performance indicators are met in regards to site report completion and submission.
- Coordinate and manage goods in and goods out (inclusive of internal registers and supporting documentation).
- Raise and issue purchase orders, invoices and order acknowledgements, utilising Sage accounting software and internal company registers for all project and service and maintenance activities.
- Maintain and setup sub – supplier and sub – contractor information, covering insurance certificates, health & safety information, training records, etc.
- Maintain internal overall company health and safety and training registers.
- Cover the main office company telephone lines.
Knowledge & Skills
- Microsoft package knowledge and skills.
- Sage package knowledge and skills.
- Solid time management and organization skills
- Excellent customer/supplier relations and interpersonal skills.
- Team player and self-motivated individual worker.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own work load.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Presentable appearance.
- Can do, positive attitude.
- Previous experience, within an engineering or mechanical service-based environment, is desired.
In return, Operational (UK) Limited offer a competitive salary, as well as the following:
- 37.5 hours per week.
- A career in a niche market, with future training and career progression.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 after 5 year’s continuous employment.
- Pension scheme.